Dear friends laundry is a very tedious and time-consuming task for every individual. A washing machine will help you to reduce your laundry efforts, but what if your washing machine overflows? and what if the washing machine is overfilling itself with water? In this article, we will try to find out the best solution to it.
How Does A Washing Machine Work?
A washing machine is an electronic device that runs through the process of rinsing and washing to clean clothes. In this process, the machine needs a lot of water because the machine pumps out dirty water with the help of an outlet pipe. The same process is followed whenever we wanted to wash the clothes in the machine.
Why Is My Washing Machine Overflowing?
In the earlier days when we bought a new washing machine, it was working smoothly.
As time goes the manufacturer’s warranty gets over and we may experience malfunctions that a washing machine overflowing or the washing machine fails to work properly.
The washing machine overflow is the worst scenario for imagine also and if the problem occurs we already know the problem is going to be very problematic.
Every washing machine cycle needs sufficient water to fill up the water tub still some washing machine overflows at the time of filling up the water.
What Causes The Washing Machine Overflow?
There may be a problem with the water inlet valve or maybe the problem occurred with the water pressure switch. The drain pipe of the washing machine would be the main reason behind the problem with the washing machine overflowing.
We need to clean the pipe behind the washer regularly, otherwise, it will become one of the reasons for a washing machine overflow and create a flood-like situation.
Most of the time people have faced the issue of washing machine overflow, even when it’s on a small cycle will overfill and start to pour water over the tub and onto the floor.
How To Solve The Problem Of Washing Machine Overflow? (Top-Loaded Machine)
Turn off the washing machine’s power switch and remove the power cable from the main switch.
1. Open the panel of the washing machine carefully where the inlet unit of the pipe is connected.
2. Unscrew the water inlet unit and separate the attached cables or Hose camp.
3. Disconnect all the electrical wires attached to the water inlet unit.
4. Remove the complete inlet unit for cleaning and unscrew all the attachments within the inlet unit.
5. Clean up the inner portion of the water inlet with the help of a clean cloth or a brush to clear the blockages.
6. Breathing hole of the water inlet must be cleaned with a pin.
7. Reconnect the electric wires again after placing the inlet unit in the same place.
8. Screw the complete unit carefully and check everything once again.
9. Connect the Hose camp with the water inlet unit properly.
10. Now, close the back cover properly and connect the inlet water pipe.
11. Connect the Power cable to the main switch to check whether the problem of the Washing machine overflowing is solved or not.
These 11 steps will help you to sort out the problem without requiring any technician or an extra part for your washing machine. The best thing is, you can save money with a proper solution.
The same process can follow for the Front Load washing machine also. The internal attachments would be different but the process of repairing is the same.
How Do I Prevent The Washing Machine Overflow?
The best thing to prevent the washing machine from overflowing is to read and understand the given user manual if you have it.
You will get an idea about the working mechanism of the washing machine and the importance of every part.
Check out the minimum amount of water pressure. Most washing machines come with a Self-cleaning cycle.
There are a few points to remember to prevent the washing machine from overflowing.
1. Don’t overfill the washing machine.
2. Turn off the power if there is no need
3. The drain hose should be fully functional and it should not be filled with unwanted materials.
4. Regularly clean the drain pipe and standpipes
5. The standpipe should be at the appropriate height. It should be placed at a height of more than 36 inches