What Is Networking Of Computer?
What is networking of computer?- When two or more computing devices are connected through wired or wireless media for transmission of the data and information from one device to other via electronic media and resources.
In networking systems, computers are connected in the form of LAN or WAN networks. These computers are connected with the help of cables, telephone lines or satellites.
What Is Networking Of Computer?- 11 popular types of computer networking are:
1. Local Area Network (LAN)
2. Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN)
3. Wide Area Network (WAN)
4. Metropolitan Area Network (MAN)
5. Personal Area Network (PAN)
6. Virtual Private Network (VPN)
7. Campus Area Network (CAN)
8. Storage Area Network (SAN)
9. System-Area Network (SAN)
10. Passive Optical Local Area Network (POLAN)
11. Enterprise Private Network (EPN)
1. Local Area Network (LAN):
What Is Networking Of Computer For LAN?- LAN is designed to connect the computer devices in small premises like buildings schools, colleges and hospitals. These LAN’s are privately owned and managed for transferring the data and information from one device to another device easily.
2. Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN):
WLAN is also designed to connect the devices in small premises like LAN, but these systems are to be connected wirelessly with each other so that this networking system know as WLAN.
3. Wide Area Network (WAN):
As per the name, a Wide area network is used to connect the computer devices over a wide area through wireless connectivity. The WAN type of networking system is used for connecting the computer devices from region to region or from a continent to other. In WAN connectivity, millions of devices are attached wirelessly.
4. Metropolitan Area Network (MAN):
What Is Networking For MAN?- The Metropolitan area network is larger than LAN and smaller than WAN. MAN is a computer networking system that connects computers with towns, cities and within a metropolitan area.
5. Personal Area Network (PAN):
PAN is also known as Wireless Personal Area Network. When 2 or more devices like, Laptop, Tablet or Mobile are wirelessly connected within the range of 10 meters is the perfect environment for Personal Area Network.
6. Virtual Private Network (VPN):
What Is Networking Of Computer For VPN? -The VPN networking system is considered safe because it is connected from point to point with the network. In a VPN system, the traffic is encrypted and it will remain safe for customers so that hackers could not hack the sensitive information and data.
7. Campus Area Network (CAN):
CAN is larger than LAN but smaller than WAN. This network type is mainly used in College and universities campus areas. Campus area network is also known as corporate network system because this network is majorly used at businesses.
8. Storage Area Network (SAN):
What Is Networking Of Computer For SAN? – As per the name, SAN networking required a high storage capacity on several available servers. This network is different from LAN and WAN networking systems.
9. System-Area Network (SAN):
What Is Networking Of Computer For SAN?-System Area type of networking system is used for connecting high-performance computer devices with a high bandwidth requirement. This type of networking supports for the application with high network performance. Each storage system in SAN network must be interconnected with each other.
10. Passive Optical Local Area Network (POLAN):
POLAN networking connectivity was majorly used for communication purposes and for accessing internet services and copper material based cables were used for that. In POLAN the speed of data transfer is high compared to other networking systems. In POLAN networking systems the data transfer speed for a longer distance is approximately 20km calculated.
11. Enterprise Private Network (EPN):
EPN network system is used to manage all the communication systems in a company across all the departments by maintaining a safe connection. Enterprise Private Network is specially developed by organizations for secure data transfer through all connected computing devices.
What Is Networking Of Computer?- Advantages Of Computer Networking Systems:
Setting up a computer network is a quick and solid method of sharing data and assets inside a business. It can help you capitalize on your IT frameworks and gear.
Benefits of computer networking systems
The main benefits of networks include:
1. It gets easy to share different types of data with different types of users. You can remotely access such types of data with different connected devices.
2. We can share different software between multiple users so that it is cost-effective and saves money. We can share the data by using the functions of print, scan and copy.
3. We can access our important document files and multimedia files easily by taking remote access on other networking connected storage devices.
4. We can share an internet connection securely to protect the systems which is again cost effective way to save money.